ASFIT4Life Real Food Ingredients
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 375g cooked lentils
• 1 cup dried wholemeal or gluten free breadcrumbs
• ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• ½ cup homemade korma paste
• 800g diced tomatoes
• ½ cup natural or soy yoghurt
• Cooked Couscous And Steamed Green Vegetables to serve
ASFIT4Life Real Easy Method
1.Combine onion, garlic, lentils, breadcrumbs and half the parsley into a bowl. Season. Roll into balls. Cover. Chill for 30 minutes.
2.Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook lentil balls, turning for 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
NOTE: Omit the oil and bake the balls in the oven on non-stick baking paper.
3.Add curry paste to pan and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes and ½ cup water. Season. Add the lentil balls. Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens and meatballs are cooked through. Stir in yoghurt. Top with remaining parsley.
4.Serve with couscous and steamed vegetables.