ASFIT4Life Real Food Ingredients
• 2 medium eggplants cut into 2cm cubes
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon ground sumac
• 1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
• 1 medium red capsicum, cut into 1cm cubes
• 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into 1cm pieces
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
• 3 sheets fresh lasagne (wholemeal, gluten free or zucchini slices)
• 1 1/4 cups Soy, Natural Or Greek Yoghurt
ASFIT4Life Real Easy Method
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Heat some of the oil in a large deep sided frying pan over a high heat (you can use non-stick pan without the oil). Cook the eggplant in batches, for 3 – 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove eggplant with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
3. Add the spices, onion and capsicum to the pan with any remaining oil and cook for a few minutes or until the capsicum is soft. Return the eggplant to the pan and add the tomatoes and coriander. Stir to combine, then remove from the heat. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
4. Line the base of the prepared dish with half the lasagne sheets. Add half the eggplant mixture and then top with the remaining lasagne sheets and eggplant.
5. Whisk together the silken tofu and yoghurt in a bowl and spoon mixture over the eggplant. Bake for about 25 minutes or until browned lightly and cooked through. Serve with a green salad.