1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
1 Onion, Finely Chopped
2 – 4 Cloves Garlic
500g Lean Beef Mince OR 500g Silken Tofu OR 500g Lean Chicken Mince OR 2 X 435g Refried Beans
300g Corn Kernels, Drained
600g Chunky Salsa
46g Maggi Chilli Con Carne “Cook in the Pot” Seasoning….or 2 Chopped Fresh Chillies (The HOTTER The Better!)
8 Large Burrito Tortillas (I used the Corn Tortillas for a Gluten-Free Option)
450g Frozen Spinach, Thawed
1/2 Cup Grated Reduced Fat Cheese Or Soy Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Spray non-stick pan with oil and cook onion, garlic and chilli over medium heat until brown. Add meat/tofu/chicken and cook until browned.
2. Add 2/3 of the salsa, refried beans, corn and seasoning mix. Stir, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Brush a 29cm x 23cm lasagne-type dish with oil. Place a little meat sauce in the base, top with tortillas, and then layer more meat sauce, spinach and tortillas. Continue layering, ending with tortillas.
4. Spread remaining salsa over tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes or until chees is melted and golden brown.
5. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with a Garden Green Salad.
This dish serves 4 people, so do not serve it up for yourself or just two people. Portion size is important. Make sure your green salad is just vegetables. There is enough fat in the lasagne so do not add to the salad ANY of the following: feta cheese, avocado, olives, nuts, olive oil dressing. Alternatively, you can serve it with steamed green vegetables.